Header Mine

Header Mine

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Floating By

My son's girlfriend's birthday was last week but we are celebrating this weekend. 

She LOVES penguins so I knew right away my Waddles stamps would come out. 







I stamped Waddles with Memento Tuxedo black ink. This stamp only has one balloon with it so I masked it off and re-stamped the balloons. I wanted Waddles to look like he was floating in the sky so he needed more then one balloon. The cloud paper behind will hopefully give the "floating" look as well. The stamp is  coloured with alcohol markers (list below) and then fussy cut. I added some pop dots and put him on the card. It's hard to see if the picture but I added Wink of Stella to the tassles on the hat - gotta have a bit of bling somewhere right?!

I am entering this card July Challenge - Anything Goes at One Crazy Stamper
as well as  Sketch and Colour Challenge #18 at Your Next Stamp. I chose to use the sketch for this challenge.
                                          



Card Recipe 
Stamp: Waddles - Happy Brrr-thday - Your Next Stamp
Patterned Paper: Soak Up The Sun - Carta Bella
Sentiment: computer - font: Arial Rounded MT Bold
Wink of Stella (on hat tassle) 
Dies: Classic Circles - Spellbinders, Fishtail Banner Dies - Your Next Stamp
Ink: Not Quite Navy - Stampin' Up
Pop Dots: Forever in Time

Spectrum Noir Markers
Heart: FS6 FS8 PP5
Balloons: BT3 BT4 BT5 LG1 LG3 LG5 OR1 OR2 OR3
Beak and Feet: CT1 CT3 OR1 
Penguin Body: IG6 IG8 IG10 
Hat: LG3 LG5 FS6 FS8

I hope my son's girlfriend likes her card! Thanks for stopping by! 

6 comments :

  1. My favorite set.. I love the Waddles too.. This came out so cute and what a fun use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at YNS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waddles is perfect floating by! Great idea to add in the extra balloons - he definitely needs more to float. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS and sharing your take on sketch #18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Love that you added balloons to this sweet stamp. Thank you so much for playing along with our YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is just too cute. Waddles is just the sweetest. The balloons look great and look perfect with the hot air balloon paper. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at Your Next Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable! Waddles is the most fun and perfect for your friend. Thanks for joining us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete