Header Mine

Header Mine

Saturday 17 October 2015

Millwright Birthday Card

Our son is working hard towards becoming a millwright. The challenge is two fold on this card too - one it's a masculine card, two - no stamps to colour for a millwright........so I had to put my creative brain in to gear - pardon the pun....


I ran some blue cardstock through my steam punk embossing folder and then cut it apart. I added some white chalk that I smudged with paper towel to highlight the gears. I had a wood wrench in my arsenal, thank goodness, so I painted it with some silver metallic paint and voila! The sentiment was stamped and edged with some blue ink, screw brads finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Patterned Paper: So Rad - Simple Stories 
Screw Brads: Recollections 
Sentiment: Skinny Font - Your Next Stamp 
Wrench: The Stockade
Silver Metallic Paint: Dollarama
Chalk Pencil: General's 
Ink: Pumpkin Pie - Stampin' Up, Studio G

I hope our son likes this card and I hope my nephew (see post below) likes his as well. I think I will go back into my comfort zone now......even though I enjoyed the challenge of making these two cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. Great card Donna. I'm sure he loved it.
    Hugs,
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin

    ReplyDelete