Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 10 December 2015

Angel Trio

Christmas is only a couple weeks away - YIKES!! I have a couple standing orders for Christmas cards every year. My mom always asks me to make a card for one of her dear, dear lifelong friends. 

Her friend loves angels so when I saw the Angel Trio  stamp, I knew it would be perfect for this year's card - I hope! 



This is a more simple layout then I usually do, but my mom's friend likes things neat and simple. It was a challenge for me but I love to push the boundaries of creativity sometimes. 

I stamped my image and coloured it with alcohol markers, and added  some gold Stickles to each of the angel gowns. It is hard to see in the picture but their wings all have some Clear Wink of Stella on them as well. 

Then I gave myself another challenge - to use scraps of paper, you know those little pieces you have left over from making cards - not big enough to use for anything major but "could be used" for something? I grabbed some of my little bits from the Mistletoe Collection by Bo Bunny and used my fishtail banner dies to make the little ribbon pieces to add under the image. 

After cutting a piece of white cardstock, I ran it through my Big Kick with an embossing folder to add some texture to the background. I pre tested my sentiment stamp before I stamped it since the background is raised, found a way to make it work and voila! My card is finished off with some gold glitter gumdrops. 

Card Recipe: 
Clear Wink of Stella 
Gold Stickles 
Embossing Folder: Baby's Breath - Cuttlebug
Patterned Paper: Mistletoe Collection - Bo Bunny
Sentiment: Studio G
Gold Glitter Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp


Spectrum Noir Markers: CT1 CT2 CT4 GB11 FS2 FS3 TN2 PP1 PP5 CG2 DG3 EB1 EB2 CG1 DG3 DG4 TN7 TN8 EB8 CTI CT3 TN3 TN5 CR7 CR11 DR6 1G1 1G2 1G4 1G7 TN1 TN4

Thanks for stopping by! Now off to see if my mom approves this card for her friend! Have a great day! 

3 comments :

  1. Donna this is so pretty! I love the CAS design it just makes the angels pop off the card! Great use of your scraps! Another perfect Christmas card.... Your Mom's friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, so nicely colored with your markers. The three angels are just a perfect image, and our thanks for joining the weekly challenge at
    Classy Cards 'n Such.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute card. The angels are adorable and so well colored. I am happy you decided to join us for the challenge at Classy Cards N Such.

    ReplyDelete