Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 19 May 2016

My Sunshine

Happy Thursday OCS Fans! I hope you're all having a great week!

I don't know about you, but every once and awhile a stamp reminds you of a friend, situation or a fun time in your life. 

That happened for me this week when I used the "Besties" stamp. One of my dear childhood friends has an orange striped cat she has had for 16 years. Her name is Sunshine and she rules the roost over the dog! 


Close Up


I have to be honest, I didn't want to try colouring the stripes on the cat, but I dis succeed with leaving her white belly and paw tips. The card in my head was working out fine until my favourite outlining marker ran out of ink a 1/4 of the way through outlining the stamp - grrrr!!! I ended up fussy cutting the stamp when I hadn't intended too!

After colouring and fussy cutting my image, I cut out a doily from YNS for the sun. All the edges of the patterned paper from Basic Grey and Forever In Time are inked with pumpkin pie ink from Stampin' Up. American Crafts Twine, a flower from Prima and some sparkly gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Besties (TT028), My Sunshine (HH017) High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Dies: Fishtail Banner - Your Next Stamp, Doily Trio Two Die Set - YNS
Magical Pastel Sparkly gumdrops - YNS, Flower - Prima


Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1 FS2 TN2 FS8 HB1 LV1 HB2 CT1 CT2 CT4 BG3 OR1 EB6 EB3 EB5 1G1 1G4 1G5 

Our challenge this month is Anything Goes. You can find the challenge here to come play along. We can't wait to see what you create!

If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 

1 comment :

  1. Ahhhh what an adorable card! Love the purple and yellow together! Another great creation by the talented Donna!

    ReplyDelete