Header Mine

Header Mine

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Catching Flakes

Happy Wednesday High Hopes Fans! 
I can't believe it is almost the end of July already! Where has the month gone?! 

We are in the middle of a heat wave as I write this post. Temps are in the upper 30's with a humid feels like of close to 40 degrees. Making Christmas/winter cards in this kind of weather helps cool me down! lol

Today's card features "Catching Flakes" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. This stamp brought back fun memories of standing out in the snow with those big wet flakes gently falling down and seeing how many we could catch on our tongue. 


Close Up

After colouring the stamp with alcohol markers I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out. I added some Stickles to the snow to give it some shine. I coloured the tree and added some Stickles to it after fussy cutting it out. The snow bank is cut with a die and it is the perfect spot for the sentiment. The paper is from Carta Bella and I added a few snow flakes to finish of my card.  

Card Recipe
Stamps: Catching Flakes (Q017) High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Lg. Snowy Pine (R033) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Winter Wonderland (H230) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: All Bundled Up - Carta Bella
Dies: Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Squares - Your Next Stamp
Star Dust Stickles, Mavy Snowflake punch 

Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1 FS2 TN2 FS8 DR1 DR7 BGR2 BGR4 BGR5 EB6 EB3 EB5 BT3 CG4 DG3 JG6

There is still time to play along in our Christmas in July Challenge. I can't wait to see what you create - here's the link to come play along. 


If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 




2 comments :

  1. I remember doing this too! Awesome card as always and I love that tree! Of course I love the glittery snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. I love how you colored the tree! Thanks so much for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete