Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 19 January 2017

Not Horsin Around!

                             Happy Thursday High Hopes Fans!

This week I've been horsin' around (pardon the pun) with another fun Valentine's Day stamp from High Hopes. 

I love that the sentiment is included although I had to rearrange my card making routine slightly....after all, I didn't have to find a place for the sentiment! It has been fun to have a bit of a challenge with the process. 



This week's card layout is based on an older challenge sketch from High Hopes. I have posted it below my card for you. I also chose to use some non-traditional Valentine's Day colours just for fun!




Here's the sketch I followed


I started my horsin' around by colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and then cutting it out with a classic circle die. The background cardstock was cut out using a circle cutter. I placed it on patterned paper from an older 6x6 paper collection from Echo Park. Some twine, banners and gumdrops (my fav) finish off my card. 


Card Recipe 
Stamp: Horsin' Around Horsey (P130) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: This & That - Echo Park
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoCopic XpressIt cardstock,  Fishtail Banner dies - YNS, Classic circle die - Spellbinders, Fiskars circle cutter, bakers twine, Love Earth Gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: EB3 EB5 GB8 GB10 1G2 1G3 1G5 CG2 DG2 CT4 GB5 
Copics: E37 RV11 RV34



The challenge for this month is called: Live, Laugh, Love. There are three ways to win some stamps - click here for details. 
There is also a new sketch to play along with - we can't wait to see what you create! Come play along!


Thanks so much for popping by! Have a fantastic day!


3 comments :

  1. Eeeeeeek!! I LOVE IT! That stamp is perfect for you!! You coloured it beautifully and the layout totally works with this image! You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp! I, too, am a horse person...plus a dog, cat, racoon....well, just ANIMAL person in general! he he. You did a great job of using the stamp within this sketch! It looks like the sentiment is actually attached to the animals, which makes it hard to use sometimes--you have to have just the right space, rather than being able to move the sentiments and image around to fit your needs. Great Job all around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few plus plus plus' on my animal love list too Sara :) Thank you so much for your kind comments!

      Delete