Header Mine

Header Mine

Sunday 25 June 2017

Personalized Crafty Case

I have something a little different to share with you today - a way to use your stamps for something other then a card. 

I won this Crafty Case to carry my alcohol markers a couple of years ago and it has been on my to do list since then to personalize it. 

Most examples of personalizing this heavy canvas case have been with acrylic paint and even though I have done tole painting in the past it was still intimidating to think about painting it - I mean if I mess it up it's a permanent mess up! 

So, the idea popped into my head to hand embroider one of my favourite High Hopes Rubber Stamps images instead.........



I had to figure out a way to get my image onto the canvas and I wasn't sure if Memento Tuxedo Black ink would work. Problem was I was determined to get this done once the thought was in my head and I didn't have another brand on hand that I trusted to work. 

So.........I held my breath and stamped! It worked perfectly - no drying time required! I started stitching and continued to hold my breath. I used a darning needle (I think a smaller needle would have broken in the first couple stitches on the canvas) and full skeins of embroidery floss. 

In hindsight, I would have only used half of a skein for some of the smaller areas like the mouth and eye but over all I am very happy with the end result. 

My fingers and thumb may never be the same again.........but hey sometimes when you get a crazy idea ya just gotta go for it right?!?

I hope you have enjoyed my post today. Have a fantastic day!!!



1 comment :

  1. Absolutely adorable!! I love that you decided to embroider it rather than paint it! It looks ama big and now I know another of your talents!!

    ReplyDelete