Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 13 August 2015

Happy Birthday Dude!

I often joke around with my now 14 year old nephew and when I do I call him "Dude". He is quite athletic and likes to keep busy so I think Dudley and his surf board are perfect for him. 

My card  includes two High Hopes Stamps: Surfer Dude Dudley can be found here and Wave Border which can be found here, to create my scene. 


                                                      
                             

I coloured Dudley using alcohol markers and paper pieced his surf board. I think Dudley would have the coolest board on the beach don't you? I masked him off  to stamp my wave border, coloured the beach and added real sand to create the beach. The sky background was stamped with ink and a sponge. I finished my card off with a cool pair of sunglasses, a sun and some bright yellow gum drops. 

Card Recipe
Patterned Paper: Sunkissed - Doodle Bug Designs
Ink: Sea Lavender - Martha Stewart
Sand: Activa (Micheals)
Cardstock: Bazzill
Sunglasses, Sun: Jolee's Boutique stickers
Enamel Dots; Yellow Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir List 
Body: LG2 LG3 LG5
Tummy, Spots, Horns: CT1 CT2 CT4
Waves: BT4 BT8 BT7
Sand: GB11 GB10
Shorts: DR1 DR5 DR7

Dudley sure is one cool dude! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments :

  1. Super Cool Card, love the paper combo and your coloring is so beautiful done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, just a gorgeous make! I loved stopping by to take a peek :D
    Thank you for joining us for this month’s challenge and we hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
    Hugs,
    Sandie
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
    Proud to design for:
    Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
    Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
    Die’sire Design Team
    That Craft Place Design Team
    That Craft Place Colourist Design Team

    ReplyDelete