Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 24 September 2015

It Fainted - Honest!!

I have to be honest, I had an extremely hard time getting through colouring and assembling this card because I was giggling to myself (and sometimes out loud) the whole time. 

I had a cat named Smokey who decided launching himself from the top of my desk, across the room and into my artificial Christmas tree was a cool thing to do. There is still a permanent "hole" in the tree today. He would also steal all the balls off of it and we found most of them when we moved - he hid them under a dresser in our bedroom. In his later years, laying under the tree was his favourite place to be. I love when a stamp can bring back so many good memories! 

                                                Donna


After colouring my image, I cut it out with a Spellbinders die and doodled some paw prints  around the edge. I printed my sentiment from my computer and cut it out with a fishtail banner die. I created my own background paper using a paw print stamp - I think there would be evidence around the tree even though our friends here tried to hide it! 
I finished off my card with a Christmas tree brad, some gumdrops and red checkered ribbon. The finished card size is 5x5. 

Spectrum Noir Markers: TN1 EB1 EB2 PP1 PP2 1G2 1G4 1G7 CG2 DG3 JG6 CT1 CT4 GB11 CR10 CR8 CR11 GB8 GB10 EB5

Card Recipe
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny - Mistletoe Collection, Creative Imaginations
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink 
Paw Print Stamp - Bouji 
Dies:Fishtail Banner Dies - Your Next Stamp, Resplendent Rectangles - Spellbinders
Ribbon: Celebrate It (Michael's) 
Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Sentiment: Computer - Calibri Font

I'm off to Scrapfest in Richmond Hill this weekend- Hope to see you there!

I hope this brought a smile for you today! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment :

  1. Such a cute card Donna! LOVE the paw doodling and your coloring is marvalous!

    ReplyDelete