Header Mine

Header Mine

Thursday 3 September 2015

Witchy Ride - Easel Card with a Twist

How cute is this witch from the Joys of the Seasons new release! She is called Witchy Ride (found here)

I made a standard easel card with a twist. The twist is an LED tea light behind the moon to light it up. How fun is that?! I saw a tutorial here (scroll down) awhile ago and when I saw this stamp I knew it was the perfect stamp to try this idea with. 




Without the Light











I started by making my easel card and cutting out the moon with a circle die. I pounced the moon with a little bit of yellow ink to add a bit of colour to it. I coloured my stamps with alcohol markers (list below) and fussy cut them. After picking a font for my sentiment I printed it and mounted it on cardstock. The broom and bats were added and the card is finished off with orange and black gumdrops                  

                                           Spectrum Noir Markers              
                                       Pumpkin and Hat: OR1 OR2 OR3
    Bird: BT1 BT3 BT4
         Face/Hands: FS2 FS3 TN2 1G1
                     room: TN1 TN2 TN3 TN6 TN7
                 Hair/Broom Handle: TN7 TN8 EB8 
          Leaves: CG1 DG2 DG4
     Cape/Socks: LV1 LV2 LV3
  Spider: BG3 BG5
       Bat: BG5 BG7 BG10
    Mouth/Cheeks: FS8
     Bats: BG3 BG5 BG10
     Buckle: Silver Gel Pen
                         
 Card Recipe
LED light - Dollarama
Ink: Barely Banana - Stampin Up
Broom: Miniatures (Michaels)
Sentiment: Computer - Boopee Font
Enamel Dots: Orange and Black Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp
Patterned Paper: Spooksville - We R Memory Keepers
Dies: Standard Circles - Spellbinders
Moon: Vellum (fabric feel) - from my stash 
Purple and Black Cardstock

I hope you have enjoyed my post today. Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments :

  1. You just keep getting better and better with all your designs! This card is awesome and you can tell you put your heart into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card and it's design! Really, really cute and very clever.

    ReplyDelete